Public Institution Pakruojis Rest and Tourism Centre
Is located in Lithuania’s largest manor – Pakruojis Manor central palace.
This is a non-profit limited liability public entity, which purpose is satisfy public interests, carry on the public benefit.
The main activities of the Centre are:
* tourism development in Pakruojis district;
* gather and disseminate tourism information;
* represent Pakruojis district, district sightseeing and cultural monuments.
* tourism publications;
* souvenirs of the city Pakruojis, Pakruojs Manor and Lithuania attributes.
- guide service (at Pakruojis Manor, Pakruojis city and Pakruojis district);
- tour guide service (at Lithuania);
- making itineraries (at Lithuania);
- sale of ferry tickets (have identity documents and vehicle documents);
- equipment rent (double kayak, paddles and vests).
I – IV 14-18
VI – VII Closed (Given only in pre-booked tours and educational programs)
To book tours and educational programs, please contact:
Phone 8 (421) 615 84
Mobile phone 8 (612) 615 84
Mobile phone 8 (698) 576 93
Pakruojis district is in the north eastern part of Šiauliai County, to the Latvian border. Most of occupied Žiemgala and Mūša-Nemunėlis lowlands. There are two saved state parks. Flowing Mūša. Its tributaries Kruoja, Daugyvenė, Šiladis. There are 9 ponds. Forestry low, bigger – Rozalimas, Gedžiūnai, Pakruojis, Klusiškiai. Growing spruces, birches, aspens. Agricultural land is 71,4 %, forests – 19,5 %, tracks – 1,6 %, built up area – 2,3 %, water – 2 %, other land – 3,1 %.
In Municipality are 2 cities (Linkuva and Pakruojis) and 5 townships (Klovainiai, Lygumai, Pašvitinys, Rozalimas and Žeimelis).
- The administrative center Pakruojis first time mentioned in 1565
- District area 1 316 square kilometers (15,4 % county area)
- Population 27 432 (7,8 % Šiauliai county population)
- In Pakruojis city there are 5 676 rezidents
- In Linkuva city there are 1 746 rezidents
- Elderships – Guostagalis, Klovainiai, Lygumai, Linkuva, Pakruojis, Pašvitinys, Rozalimas, Žeimelis